John Roberts focuses his practice on criminal defense and civil litigation. He has defended individuals and entities charged or investigated by federal authorities for mail fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud, possession and distribution of CDS, RICO conspiracy, money laundering, and computer-related crimes; in state courts for insurance fraud, CDS possession/distribution, official misconduct, endangerment, and computer offenses; and DUI/refusal, CDS possession/distribution, assault, and traffic offenses in municipal courts throughout New Jersey.
In the civil arena, he has represented government entities, businesses, and individuals in breach of contract, civil rights (§1983), employment/hiring discrimination, home mortgage foreclosure, and wrongful death actions.
Before becoming an attorney, John was a book editor for 15 years. In law school, he was managing editor of the Seton Hall Law Review. His background makes him uniquely qualified to advocate a client’s cause with the written word.
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit