New Jersey White Collar Crime Attorney
Accused of a White Collar Crime in the New York Tri-State Area?
Many of our clients are professional people with careers in the medical, legal, or financial fields; government; or law enforcement who have never experienced the criminal justice system from the point of view of a defendant. When they are investigated for or accused of criminal offenses related to their work, they find themselves in treacherous territory with much more at stake than defendants accused of more pedestrian offenses.
Not only are defendants’ freedoms at stake, but also careers, reputations, and professional licenses as well as potential monetary penalties. While our first priority is always to protect a client’s liberty, we are exceedingly sensitive to these other collateral consequences of investigation and prosecution as we represent our clients.
Charged with a white collar crime? Contact our New York white collar crime attorney today for a free consultation.
Common White Collar Crimes
White-collar crimes are complex and immediately impact your business and your life. Common white-collar crimes include money laundering, embezzlement, bribery, and credit card fraud. You need representation that understands the nature of the investigation and the potential charges and can proactively act on your behalf.
White-collar crimes include:
- Antitrust violations
- Export Control Act violations
- Extradition proceedings
- False Claims Act litigation
- Fraud, including bank, bankruptcy, securities, computer and internet, credit card, insurance, mail and wire, and tax
- Parallel proceedings
- RICO actions
- Securities offenses
- Tax evasion
Our lawyers have the skills and experience you need. Defending businesses and individuals against white-collar criminal investigations, prosecutions, and other enforcement actions are at the core of our practice. Our clients benefit from our attorneys’ reputation, expert knowledge of the laws, and familiarity with the offices and agencies that enforce those laws.
Contact a New Jersey white collar crime lawyer to discuss your options. Schedule your free consultation today.
Protecting Your Reputation
Permanent damage to your reputation can occur the moment you are subject to an investigation. We take a proactive approach to preserve your reputation. We provide discreet services that can prevent lasting repercussions and limitations on your future personal and business prospects. In fact, much of our best work is done for clients whose names never reach the public. We are as well-known and respected for protecting our clients' privacy as we are for our legal acumen.
The criminal enforcement process contains both traps for the unwary and, in some cases, the opportunity to avoid being charged with a crime. Our attorneys remain keenly attuned to the risks inherent in responding to a government investigation. An ill-advised response can create criminal liability where there might otherwise have been none. Our attorneys provide proactive advice in the earliest stages of government inquiries to head off this risk and to protect our clients’ interests.
Counsel You Can Count On
When we are retained, we promptly come up to speed on the facts, analyze the applicable law, assess the potential criminal exposure, and advise the client through every aspect of the process. This may include advice on how best to deal with:
- Subpoenas that demand documents and testimony
- Search warrants
- Voluntary surrender
- Employee interviews by government agents (including unannounced visits)
- Negotiations and plea bargaining
- Relations with witnesses
- Informants who may be cooperating with the government
- Investigative inquiries from civil and quasi-criminal authorities
- Media attention and required public disclosures
- Whether a company should conduct its own internal investigation
- Crucial issues about what is protected by the attorney-client privilege and whether it may be in a client’s interest to waive the privilege
- Whether a company or an individual should affirmatively cooperate with the government’s investigation, and how best to protect against a criminal investigation that gives rise to potential civil exposure.
Our measure of success is when our advice results in our clients never being charged. However, when our clients’ liberty or financial survival is put at stake and no acceptable resolution can be reached before trial, we are experienced trial attorneys, not just “litigators.”
Knowing Your Business
While our attorneys and staff have extensive backgrounds in handling federal and state white-collar criminal cases, we also make it a priority to understand all aspects of your company and your industry to better defend your case.
Our diligent preparation ensures every argument against you is addressed with a considered, detailed response tailored specifically to your unique circumstances.
Our past clients include:
- Domestic and multi-national corporations
- Securities and financial services companies
- Investment banks
- Insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Industrial manufacturers
- Charitable organizations
- Oil companies
- National retail chains
- Medical groups
- Corporate Executives
- Doctors and other healthcare providers
- Investment advisers
- Waste haulers
- Elected and appointed state, county, and municipal officials
- Union officials
State and Federal
- Federal, state, and local agencies
- County Prosecutor's Offices
- Municipal entities
- Labor unions
- Federal law enforcement agents
- State Police
- Police unions
- Elected law enforcement officers
- County Prosecutor Detectives
- County Sheriff's Officers
- Corrections Officers
- Municipal Officers
We are dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your freedom.
We provide innovative, personalized solutions to best fit your needs.
We believe nobody should have to pay when looking to hire an attorney.
Premier Boutique Law Firm
We handle the most serious and complex white-collar, state and federal crimes.